03 November 2013

Didn’t Fall Back


So, last night was the end of daylight savings time. It hasn’t been that long that the time change has happened during NaNoWriMo. I was thinking last night that today would be great. I planned to use my “extra hour” to write! As it happened, my “smart” phone decided to pick up the signal of the next time zone over so the change was negated. I can’t actually wrap my head around what happened, let alone explain it. Suffice it to say when I got up I had to set my clock ahead an hour. I know that I just didn’t gain an extra hour, but it feels like I lost two hours!
I am doing this novel with four main characters. I made it into chapter four today so not I have met all my characters. It has been going well. I like them all so far. I have an old bitter warrior man called The Genji who is set on destroying the insect people who plague the northernmost valley of human civilization. I have the Queen of one of the insect folk hives. She is feeling old and tired and ready to pass on the torch to a younger queen. There is Julian (not sure about this name), a young homesteader looking to set up and claim in the valley. Lastly, comes Xilva (with Mayan-style pronunciation I believe that makes it CHILL-va). She is a potential young queen. See, the insect people need breeders to mate with human males (don’t ask why, this is fantasy) and that is Xilva’s role. Where this all goes I know, but I won’t say yet.
I am happy to report, despite my time fiasco, I am still on track with this novel.

The benchmark word count for today is: 5001
My total word count so far is: 5014

No comments: