16 November 2013

Over Halfway Done


Week two is supposed to be the hardest week. I looked back over all of the my previous WriMos and most of them petered out in week two. I have felt myself slipping this week. There have been three days where I didn’t write at all. I tend to do really well until I start to falter and then its over. Though I have stumbled I am still stumbling forward. By doubling up my time on the day after, I have recovered. As of right now this novel is the longest I have written except for the one year I actually finished. That’s great! I am done with week two and I haven’t done too poorly. Things look good for the future.

A major challenge of my plot is that a human and an insect fall in love. In the normal universe of my story that doesn’t happen. The lady insects show up, release their pheromones, get the men to do their thing and then they move on. Maybe with the occasional mantis-style devouring of their mate as well. With my characters things don’t go that way. I have not been sure how the scenes of their meeting will go. Obviously, they cannot go killing each other at first sight, but they have to overcome their prejudices slowly. Since I want there to be a strong element of love as all about the chemicals I also feel the need to distinguish between what the characters do because they decide to and what they do because they are compelled to by chemistry. I think it all came out well.

The benchmark word count for today is: 26672
My total word count so far is: 27149

No comments: