09 November 2008

A Day At the Lab

I wrote about Pyotr today. He’s in his research facility, watching his xenomorph specimens smell their way through a maze. I resisted the urge to talk about how it was like a hamster run except with a man-sized, fanged, acid-blooded hamster. Right now he and Meghin are hashing out (via hyperspace link-up) the details of… well, somehow Pyotr ends up going to where Meghin is so the conversation has to get him to the point that he would leave his cozy research and embark on a dangerous adventure. He has to, or the rest of the novel doesn’t happen! I’m sure I’ll get it. Most things so far are coming out better as I write them than when I think about them beforehand. The only thing that is concerning me right not is that while I am on-track to finish 50,000 words by 30 Nov, my story may not be done by then. Today I surpassed the 1/3 mark with still some more to go before I even get my main characters altogether. I told myself that Meghin and Pyotr had to get to Deep Dark by the half-way mark. Hope I can meet that goal!

So, writing two of my main characters having a conversation with each other is not something I have written yet. Not in anything I’ve written. Fun! I’m really having fun with this novel-writing thing!

By now I should have 15,003 words.
My current count is 17,282 words.

No comments: