16 November 2008

Slogging Along

Here’s some words of wisdom from the writer-in-chief of NaNoWriMo:
…the 20,000s are the last momentum-sucking slog you'll have to endure this month. Getting through them is tough, but once you do, the Road to Awesome will open up before you.
-Chris Baty
It’s so true! Chapter eight was okay, but nine is a mess! I can’t seem to get moving on it. I’ve sat before the screen for hours and produced only a couple hundred words. I was really excited about getting to the half-way point today. It just isn’t happening… *snorts frustration* I know I’m not alone in this, my writing buddies have mentioned not liking their novels or trying to re-arrange their plots. I guess I’ll just have to write something, anything… Chapter eleven will be good, if I can just get there

By now I should have 25,005 words.
My current count is 24,117 words.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Yes! I have finally had a breakthrough and hopefully the second 25k will be MUCH easier than the first. I'm a little ahead today for the first time since, like, day 1.

We can do it!!