15 November 2008

So Close!

a map of local space
Alas, I didn’t quuuuite make today’s quota. I started out this morning a little bit ahead but now I am behind again– but only just. Another 39 words and I’ll be on schedule. A mere 39! I’ll have that before I finish the paragraph I’m in the middle of! (or is it “of which I’m in the middle?” That can’t be right.)

I’m not too happy with chapter nine so far. Other than actually getting Pyotr to Lalande, everything so far is just Pyotr’s incoherent thoughts about space flight, the dim sunlight of Zajdel, and Meghin herself. Not too interesting. This is coming up on the half-way point of the novel, I should really be ramping up the action right now. This is the “rising action” section. Me? I’ve got endlessly plateauing non action… Well, I said I wouldn’t bad-talk my own work (at least not in November) so I guess I’ll just say, “Yay I’m keeping up!” There’s someone on the NaNoWriMo site with a posted count of 62,000 some words – already!

By now I should have 23,338 words.
My current count is 23,299 words.

No comments: