05 November 2008

Dis… Distra… Distractions!

Today (4 November) was an amazing day, but not for writing. Maya and I spent a wonderful day out and about together. We’ve just added cable TV so during dinner (Indian food we made ourselves!) we watched a show about the Rendlesham Forest UFO. It’s totally the best-documented and most-likely UFO encounter I’ve ever heard of. Way better than Roswell. I know because the next show was on Roswell! Look it up: Rendlesham. Of course there were also election results to look at. It was a wonderful day to be alive, just a terrible day for focusing on my novel.

I only wrote 580 words today! That brings me to the end of chapter three, and I never got around to really introducing the character. I did let myself re-read some of it and made minor changes. Mostly I inserted an earlier mention of a nervous habit I invented for Pyotr today. I think he’s going to be scratching behind that right ear a lot.

Next we’ll go back to Meghin on Zajdel. I need to do 2500+ words tomorrow, just to get caught up!

By now I should have 6,668 words.
My current count is 5,763 words.

No comments: