14 November 2008

A Record-Setting Day

Alas, tomorrow has snuck up on me again! Well, at least I made my quota for today(yesterday). I’m ahead of schedule again, but only just. It was a decent day for writing. I started chapter nine. I have quite a bit more to go but I like the way it is shaping up so far.

Here’s some news: today Deep Dark (which I may change to The Deep Dark) became the longest work of fiction I have ever written. It surpassed even Jaws of Empire (currently at 21,725 words) which I have for months been thinking of as my “major” work in progress. I guess that shows what doing a bit (almost) every day can accomplish. I don’t have access just at the moment to all of the papers I wrote in college, but I think at 34 single-spaced pages, this must be the longest work of any type that I have ever written. I consider this all something of an achievement!

By now I should have 21,671 words.
My current count is 22,035 words.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Woohoo! Go Team Matt!

I am woefully slightly behind, but I'll get caught up this weekend and hopefully changing my plot around will make it more fun than it has been.