03 November 2008

Mars is What?

the red planetAfter I posted last night I went back to it and started chapter three. That’s where we meet our scientist. Last night I wrote about him unwinding and today I wrote about him going back to work the next day. I don’t really say a lot. Mostly I drone on about touch screen controls and the terraforming history of Mars. I have this idea that Mars has a breathable atmosphere now, but is still cold and dry. It was all fairly easy to write, but I don’t think it’s very good. Also, a lot of it doesn’t need to be in the story. It’s wordy filler. However, I’m determined not to go back and re-read it now. I’ll just get caught up in re-doing. I don’t have time for that. Rather, I don’t want to spend the time I have on that. Where I stopped today has Pyotr at his office receiving the message from Meghin, so things are really about to start happening. That’s a good place to start from tomorrow.

By now I should have 5001 words.
My current count is 5183 words.

1 comment:

Abby said...

Yes, you can't go back and re-do... just keep plugging away!! I'm writing the worse novel in the history of the world, but that's not stopping me!!