20 November 2008

Now For a Little Break

My goal for today was to write 4,500 words. That’s really ambitious, I feel, but I needed to get a lot done as I’ll be away from the computer for a few days. Maya and I are going a bit of a vacation. I’ll be able to write the old-school way with a pen and paper, but I’ll have to type it all up later to get it word counted. My fantasy was to get so far ahead today that I wouldn’t have to worry about it. As it is I managed 3,500 some which is my third most productive day this month. I can live with that. Also, it’s probably a good thing not to stop writing altogether at this point. I’m on track to win if I can just keep the flow going.

I’m now in chapter thirteen which is back to the perspective of the young alien queen. She’s raging about the outskirts of the hive when word comes that there are intruders. She’s not happy about it. “With every step she became more angry, more anxious to do some damage.” That’s an alien for you.

Wish us a safe journey. See you went I get back.

By now I should have 33,340 words.
My current count is 35,439 words.

No comments: