08 November 2008

Mother says Bring!

I did not do much writing today. It was a day for working crosswords, seeing museums and cooking a big meal. The writing I did do is pretty good. I added 700 or so words to chapter five, which is from the perspective of one of the alien drones. The other side of stealing the artifact is bringing it back home. Here’s a taste:

*******
She was not thinking about the distances she still had to run once she got inside. She had been sent to bring this thing back and she would. She would make it inside, if no further. She crawled. Lifting the stone and setting it down ahead of her she drug her knees forward until she was close again, then lifted the stone forward again. A mere ten steps from the gate, the door to home, the last entrance, she collapsed completely. Run down, she thought. It was no further away than the length of a tail strike in prime condition and yet she had nothing left. She would lay here on the jagged rocks under the whispering suns for a while, then she would be gone.
*******

There will be more tonight. I plan to have today’s quota before I sleep, but I wanted to get this post up before midnight (but I just missed it!).

By now I should have 11,669 words.
My current count is 10,977 words.

No comments: