17 November 2008

On The

I had visions of doing 4,000 or more words today. I needed to write that much to make up for recent slackage and to get ahead. I really want to finish early because I’m not going to have much time after Thanksgiving. Well, I didn’t make my personal goal. I did a little more than half of that.

Speaking of half: I am half done with the novel (at least by word count). I passed 25,000 today. So, what are the middle two words of the book? Words 25,000 and 25,001 are (drum roll please: dum dum da da da da da da…), “on the.” Since that isn’t really very interesting, I will reveal the whole sentence (which isn’t much more interesting), “Lalande and the orbits of its five planets were plotted on the screen.”

Ta da!

By now I should have 28,339 words.
My current count is 27,026 words.

No comments: